MADISON, Wis.— Janet Protasiewicz is a soft-on-crime liberal who has repeatedly exercised poor judgment, having time and again disregarded victims’ safety and common sense.
Protasiewicz gave Lazarick Spade, a serial felon and man who brutally beat his wife (breaking her face) just 6 months.
Spade immediately sought revenge; he shot at his now-ex-wife, Tamika Finchis, 19 TIMES. Tamika said “she lost a lung in the shooting and is still recovering. She “uses an inhaler and suffers from extreme anxiety.”
Finchis told the reporter “she doesn’t believe Protasiewicz is fit ” to serve on the state’s highest court.
Believe Tamika; her voice matters.
Here are several other examples of what #NoJailJanet has deemed “fair” and “appropriate:”
- Protasiewicz ONLY gave a domestic abuser probation who later murdered two people and burned the bodies.
- Protasiewicz ignored prosecutors and gave probation to a mom who neglected her 16-year-old son — starving him down to 42 pounds, to death.
- Protasiewicz gave Anton Veasley — who abducted and raped a 15-year-old girl — no prison time.
- Protasiewicz gave Patrick L. McCaskill, 29, probation after he was charged with sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl, according to court documents.
- Protasiewicz let off serial felon, domestic abuser, Lazarick Spade, who was later convicted of attempted murder.
- Protasiewicz went easy on a murderer who said there’s “no trial if they dead.”
- Protasiewicz handed out a weak sentence to Jon Spivey, who was accused of “repeatedly punching his 79-year-old aunt in the face, suffocating her with a pillow until she passed out, and raping her in her apartment.”
- Probation and credit for 200 days served to Kenneth Blair,who sexually assaulted 7-, 8- and 11-year-old girls, all of whom were relatives.
- Protasiewicz gave a slap on the wrist to Alton Anthony Ithier, who beat his young children — ages 5,8, and 10 — with a dog leash.
- #NoJailJanet gave a child rapist no prison time, citing covid.
- In another instance, Protasiewicz told a man who raped his unconscious cousin she didn’t think he was “a danger to the public,” giving him 14 months in prison and 18 months of supervision.
- #NoJailJanet Protasiewicz gave no jail time to Quantrell Bounds, who assaulted and raped a 13-year-old girl, recorded it, and posted the video to Facebook.
- Bounds was charged with possession of a firearm as a convicted felon in March 2022.
- In another case, “Protasiewicz gave the minimum recommended prison sentence to a man accused of sexually assaulting his 13-year-old niece while she slept.”
- Protasiewicz told Emilee Fannon and Matt Smith she doesn’t even regret her decisions.
- Protasiewicz has ignored public safety in Milwaukee and refused to give prison time to repeat offenders.